Skip to content

Travel Registry


The University of Montana provides a secure system for faculty, staff, and students to record travel plans and contact information. The registry is a convenient, one-stop service that supports emergency communication access and helps ensure that travelers have adequate medical, emergency evacuation, and repatriation insurance coverage. Please follow the corresponding button below to either register as a staff/faculty member or as a student.

Who is required to register travel?

All UM faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes. (See UM International Travel Policy).
Travels should be registered 30 days prior to departure. Travelers can update their registration by logging in to their existing registration from the link above.

What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?

Emergency Communications: Your travel registration enables UM to reach you in the event of an emergency. The travel registry is the University’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security-related information.

What do I need to know before I start my travel registration?

  • Documents needed

Travelers should upload the biographical page of their passport and a copy of their insurance card as part of travel registration. Individuals enrolled in the GeoBlue Worldwide Health Insurance for Higher Education policy through UM do not need to upload their insurance card.
Faculty/staff at UM-Missoula, Helena College, Montana Tech, and Western use their NetID and password to login. Please click "I have username and password" and submit.

Students at UM-Missoula use their NetID and password to login.

Students at Helena College, Montana Tech, and Western will need to create login credentials and will click "I do not have login credentials" and submit. An e-mail will be sent to them with temporary credentials. They will need to login within 7 days of receiving their temporary credentials by clicking NON-UM LOGIN/REGISTER.

NOTE: If you have registered your travel before, your previous address abroad will appear, so simply just edit it by logging into your application.

For additional questions, please contact